Cherish everything that life gives you

2019-01-21 「 2115 words / 4 minute 」
Cherish everything that life gives you.jpg
magazine
我记得,每次自己都会把包装袋撕得残破不堪,不可收拾。还希望自己的“罪行”不要被妈妈,或者兄弟姐妹们逮到。
I remember ripping the bag open so badly, and so wrong, and not wanting to get caught by my mother, or my siblings.
在我们家,无论谁把包装袋撕成那样,就要不断的听到周围人训斥他“毁了一袋粮食”,直到包装袋里的东西被吃光。
Whoever did that to the cereal bags in my home, didn't stop hearing that they ruined it, till the bag was finished.
包装袋里的燕麦四处洒落,有的撒到地上,有的落进洗手池里,有时甚至我们的狗也会碰上好运,吃到几颗落进他碗里的燕麦。
Some fell to the ground, kitchen sink, our dogs even sometimes got lucky with a few pieces of cereal in their bowls.
就在你以为一切都清理干净了的时候,你开始往碗里倒牛奶,噢!燕麦从碗里流出来了!
Just when you think all that mess is done, you pour the milk, and BAM more cereal falls out the bowl!
一碗满到溢出来的早餐燕麦,谁不爱呢?
Who doesn't love a overflowing bowl of cereal?
每次我妈妈去超市买东西回来,我都会非常开心。
I used to love when my mom came home from grocery shopping.
无论是哪个牌子的燕麦,Frosted Flakes, Corn Pops还是Fruity Pebbles,我和我的兄弟姐妹们没有它们就不能活!
Frosted Flakes, Corn Pops, Fruity Pebbles! My siblings, and I survived off these bags.
当我们感到孤单的时候,它们为我们带来温暖和甜蜜。
They were our sweetness when, when we felt lonely.
当我们在学校里度过了漫长的一天,是这些早餐燕麦为我们补充活力;当妈妈吃着不那么可口的燕麦片时,我们为自己碗里的燕麦片而骄傲自豪。
They were our excitement after a long day at the school house...and they were our fulfillment when mom was addicted to other things that weren't so delicious.
这些燕麦片让我们如痴如迷。
Those bags were our addiction.
妈妈更喜欢“Coco Puffs”牌的燕麦片,但是她从不会忘记我们喜欢什么口味的燕麦片。
Mom was "Cu cu for Coco Puffs", but she never forgot our cereal.
可是,当我们撕开包装袋时,我们总要浪费一大堆的燕麦片。
When we would rip the bag open we would waste countless grains of cereal.
妈妈会生气,燕麦片可不是天上掉下来的。
Mom would get mad, because cereal wasn't free.
或许她也明白,那些燕麦片对我们来说意味着什么。在那些她情绪失常的夜晚,是这些燕麦片喂饱了我们的肚子。
Maybe she knew how much it meant to us, because she knew on nights when she wasn't herself she could rely on those bags of cereal to feed her babies.
她希望任何一颗燕麦片都不会被浪费。
She didn't want any of it to go too waste.
燕麦片可不是天上掉下来的,现在我已经独立当家,用自己赚的钱买燕麦片,放在自己的厨房里,我亦不会浪费任何一颗燕麦片。
No cereal is free, now on my own, in my own kitchen I buy my own bags of cereal, my grains that I never take for granted.
那些开启我的每一天的燕麦片,我对每一勺都心存感恩。
My grains that I wake up to, and thankful for every spoonful .